Fedora Banner Graphic - Most Current Suggestion?

Terry Wallwork terrywallwork at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 12:30:37 UTC 2010

  Hello,

I currently maintain a small website and one of the sections of my site
has a link on it directing people to go and get Fedora
(www.adventuresinblender.com on the lower right of the page shows what I
mean). The link on my site points to
https://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora on your site.  The link on my site
is in the form of a graphic which goes to your get-fedora page.

The issue I have is that every time a new release of Fedora is done the
Image name of the graphic changes on your site so I have to update my
site to point to the newly named graphic.  So I ask would it be possible
to have a graphic which websites can point to which always points at a
graphic which displays the most recent version of Fedora, which always
has a common and fixed url name for example:

https://fedoraproject.org/static/images/banners/currentrelease.png

That way when a new release of Fedora lands the images on peoples
website would update to reflect the new version and not have old
graphics of for example the Fedora 12 banner graphic.

I know that I could probably do this sort of thing using some JavaScript
but I generally try to make my websites work with no JavaScript so that
people who have JavaScript disabled can still access my site (ie
NoScript users and such).

Thankyou for you time.

Terry Wallwork