Fedora 14 schedule

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Jun 15 22:24:29 UTC 2010

Sijis Aviles said the following on 06/11/2010 03:43 PM Pacific Time:
> 2010/6/7 Máirín Duffy<duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
>> On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 15:51 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>>> I've completed what a Fedora 14 schedule based on the same spacing and
>>> dependencies in Fedora 13.
>>>
>>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-web-tasks.html
>>>
>>> Please let me know of any changes or adjustments you would like me to
>>> make.  I can also add in more tasks if those would be helpful to track
>>> as well.
>>
>> We probably want to add the website redesign project to the schedule,
>> no? It's not something we've broken down into milestones yet
>> though :( My rough stab at it in order I think things could happen:
>>
>> - new website template (in the past i've called this 'chrome') mockups
>> complete, communty feedback, any iterations/adjustments
>>
>> - new website template complete in CSS using 960.gs fluid library and
>> complete in genshi (or whatever tech is preferred) templates
>>

> Yes, i'd love to use the fluid library, instead of the static one.
>
>> concurrent to that, in order:
>>
>> - content review of current www.fpo (looking for correctness, usability)
>>
>> - content corrections to current www.fpo content
>>

> Yes, we definitely need to do this as some content is incorrect, as in
> the get-help page.
>
> The one question I have.. is when reviewing this content, who is the
> website targetted to?
> My idea would be lean towards the novice/new users and have smaller
> sections/areas for more advanced users (like developers).
>
>> concurrent to that, in order:
>>
>> - new fpo content developed: 20 articles; Current proposal (which may
>> change as design evolves):
>>   ∘  5 "Do it with Fedora!" tutorials for www.fpo
>>   ∘  5 "I use Fedora" profiles for www.fpo
>>   ∘  5 "Your life on Fedora" informational articles for www.fpo
>>   ∘ 5 "What makes Fedora different?" informational articles for www.fpo
>>

> If possible, we should include FWN.
>
>> concurrent to all this:
>>
>> - style guide for www.fpo written up in wiki. Sijis has a great start:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Fedora_Design_Document  It'll
>> develop organically as the mockups and website design progress so it
>> should be updated as that goes on.
>>

> I agree 100%.
>
>> What does everyone think?
>>
>> ~m
>
> I agree, adding the fp.o redesign to the schedule will definitely keep
> it visible.
> I would probably say the site should be done by at least 2 weeks prior
> to the release. It give it time for translations and bug fixing. We
> could put it in stg.fedoraproject.org, as we did with get-redesign for
> previewing.
>
> Do you want us to meet at your next Design meeting to talk a little
> more detail about this or put this through logistics?
>
> Sijis

If we are going to add to the schedule we need specific tasks, dates,
and task dependencies.  I'm glad to meet with you all to hammer this out
and I'd propose using gobby and Fedora Talk as the most efficient way of
getting this done.

If we want to do this for Fedora 14 I'd like to get the tasks and dates
from you by the end of this week--2010-06-18.  Is that doable?

John