websites patch

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 25 21:26:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently the "Join Fedora" link at http://fedoraproject.org/ points to:
> http://fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora and that page is almost empty.
>
> I think it should point to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join as that
> page is much better. So I have attached a patch to this email. The patch
> makes one change to fedoraproject.org/data/templates/sidebar.html
> --
> Regards,
> Rev. Dr. Ian MacGregor
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ardchoille42

This is what i think, on how to fix this:

1. make the page more engaging
2. point it to wiki/Join (patch submitted)
3. point to wiki/Join and fix en/join-fedora in the meantime

I like option #3.

I spoke with Ian and he's going to work on beautifying join-fedora
page, based on what's on wiki/Join.

I think in the meantime it's a good idea to apply this patch and point
it to the wiki/Join page. if i don't hear any responses, i'll apply
the changes Sunday.

Sijis