Adding Classroom link to Get Help page

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 11:21:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:56:01PM -0600, Sijis Aviles wrote:

> So I'm following up on this idea. I'm thinking about adding the
> following to the fp.o/get-help page (below "Written Documentation"
> section). I'd like to hear some feedback, as I'd like to include this
> before website text freeze.
>
> ---
> +       <h3>${Markup(_('Online Classroom'))}</h3>
> +       <p>${Markup(_('The Fedora IRC Classroom periodically holds
> classes to help you better use, understand and manage your Fedora
> installation. See the &lt;a href="%s"&gt;Classroom&lt;/a&gt; page for
> +
> ---

+1 to the idea, just a couple of quick adjustments:

* s/See/Refer to/
* s/understand/understand,/
* s/page for/

Like this:

---
+       <h3>${Markup(_('Online Classroom'))}</h3>
+       <p>${Markup(_('The Fedora IRC Classroom periodically holds
classes to help you better use, understand, and manage your Fedora
installation. Refer to the &lt;a href="%s"&gt;Classroom&lt;/a&gt;
page.
+
---

(It's not necessary to be able to see in order to use the reference.
This is a common fix in technical writing.  The use of the final comma
before and/or/but in serial lists is really not optional, otherwise it
can change the meaning of sentences.  Well, at least in the more
strict American English.)

Although this is a page about getting (v. giving) help, is it worth
mentioning that the IRC Classroom is also for learning about
participating in and contributing to the Fedora Project?  Or is that
off-topic for the help page? :)

- Karsten