New "gitweb" group to create

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 5 04:41:39 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Nick Bebout <nick at bebout.net> wrote:
> My proposal would be to:
>
> 1.  Create a "gitweb" group and use this as the commit group for our
> websites, and use "web" as a tracking group for people.  (Since we want to
> make sure people know how things work, and have generally proven
> themselves before we give them access to commit to the live websites).
>
> or
>
> 2. Split up commit access to each of the main websites separately, and
> have git-web-talk, git-web-fpo git-web-start, etc groups, (Which I don't
> know is necessary yet).
>
> The discussion I've heard so far is basically something similar to 1, and
> to make the list of members of gitweb be the people who have committed
> within X amount of time (or people who respond to a ping indicating they
> are still interested in contributing (since web has a lot of members at
> the moment who are not really active).
>
> I'll volunteer to do most of the work of creating the new group and
> changing what group has access to commit (I'm a member of sysadmin-hosted
> so I can change the group on hosted01) and adding the members for the new
> group.
>
> Nick

Nick,

1 - Yes, we are going to be moving the web group as a tracking group.
In fact, I was going to send a message about it today. So, in short,
we will copy
everyone that has made any commits to the fedora-web git repo onto the
gitfedora-web group and keep admin/sponsor rights intact. The plan is
to make this change in the next week or so.

2 - I think that this is a good idea. I personally like to do this,
however, i do not think our group is big enough to warrant just a
split just yet. I think this is something more long term as our group
grows.

Sijis