" Broken" documentation site

Jeán van Wyk jean.vanwyk at solnetsolutions.co.nz
Tue May 25 19:53:59 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I am writing to mention that your documentation site specifically :
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Installation_Guide/...
eg.
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Installation_Guide/sn-expert-download.html
is "broken" if you do not allow cookies.

I understand that your navigation menu works with cookies and that you
want to inform people that it will not work correctly if they disable
cookies.  At the same time there is nothing more irritating than being
told the same thing over and over again.

Your documentation website pops up a window on EVERY single page if you
have cookies disabled that tells you that :"ATTENTION: The Navigation
Menu requires cookies to be enabled to function correctly.".

The fact that I do not like cookies does not mean that I have to be
haunted to death by the popups telling me the same thing over and over
and over...  If you put that warning in the red blob at the top of the
navigation and make the information portion non red I will still be
"warned" but at least the website will be functional.

Yes I understand that you REALLY want me to enable cookies abut at the
same time I REALLY, REALLY do not want to enable cookies especially only
for a navigation menu.  I preferred by far your previous single page (if
admittedly huge documentation) than getting a popup every few seconds
that tells me something that I already know.

Please forgive my spewing but it really got up my nose.  (FYI. I design
and implement websites as part of my day job.)

Thank you for you time.  I hope you can fix this easily.

Regards
Jeán van Wyk

--
Jeán van Wyk
Solnet Solutions Limited

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster at solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of Solnet Solutions Ltd.