Websites Frozen

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 1 18:53:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 06:01:25PM +0200, Elad wrote:
> > 2010/11/1 Sijis Aviles <sijis at fedoraproject.org>:

> get

> the
> the
> > >>

> > > The updates are actually done hourly.
> > The English version updates hourly. The translations updates daily.
>
> Does the freeze mean that we shouldn't manually update the
> translations?

The freeze was to note that you won't notice updated translations on that
website but instead in stg.fedoraproject.org. It seems that i was not clear
on what the 'freeze' specifically meant.

I know that translators like to see if everything is translated correctly on
the website, so if they were looking for the updates on fp.o, they should
really look at stg.fp.o.

> I presume someone can manually, from the command line, update the
> translations more often than daily?
>
> Just for a few days, could we arrange a few extra update times for
> l10n?

Updates for all languages are done hourly. There is no special schedule for
english vs other languages.

> Or does that put the site stability at risk around the release?
>
> - Karsten

As an added note, stg.fedoraproject.org was having issues building the
website and that just got fixed a few mins ago thanks to Ricky. The es lang
po file was screwing the build up. So stg.fedoraproject.org should be
updating hourly and be functionally working.

Sijis