Fwd: Re: Fedora 14 AMIs

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 23:52:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 16:39, Jon Masters <jonathan at jonmasters.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 11:48 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:

> I don't mean to sound unenthusiastic about the new design. While
> visually appealing, it sadly doesn't "do it" for me like the Ubuntu page
> does in saying what I want and how I get it.

I am tired, I am grumpy and I am tired and grumpy about these sorts of
emails right after a release. You will probably get a nicer answer
from the people who actually did all the hard work, but I am not a
nice person right now.

The web group worked really hard on this, they designed it in the
open, went through several revisions from input, and got it out under
a really tight deadline. There was also a LOT of looking at other
websites and getting ideas from people who were outside of Fedora to
see how it played with new people. Design points that didn't work were
removed, and new stuff were put in.

The people here worked as professionals and deserve some professional
courtesy versus a bike shedding critique.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren