Change "Contributors" to "Wiki"?

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 4 17:57:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 19:28, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 11:42:52PM +0000, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't know if "Wiki Gardening" is enough of a solution, bulldozing
> >> or perhaps tactical nukes might be more effective options.
> >
> > A kbase-type solution is probably what's needed - something that
> > encourages a growing body of short, useful, topical, categorized,
> > cross-linked, version-specific, easy to watch, maintain, and retire ...
> >
> > I just haven't had the *umph* to spearhead that one.  Maybe we'll get
> > it via backdoor, such as if we have gain Drupal expertise in
> > Infrastructure and they want to support a kbase module or somesuch.
>
> The KBase is on my deliverables for this year.. which uhm is ending in
> a couple of weeks. I need to uhm get cracking it would seem.
>
> > - Karsten
> > --
> > name:  Karsten 'quaid' Wade, Sr. Community Gardener
> > team:                Red Hat Community Architecture
> > uri:               http://TheOpenSourceWay.org/wiki
> > gpg:                                       AD0E0C41
> >
> > --

The reason i got involved with Fedora was because i was 'lost' in finding
info in the wiki. I believe i ended finding most of my info from
fedoraforums.org, fedorafaq.org and google. I thought if Fedora had some
FAQ/KB type site it would make for a simpler transition to using the OS. I
began lurking in infra meetings and eventually i saw the following ticket
for infra [1] which was exactly what I was thinking of. Nothing came of it
and eventually i began helping with Websites group. Anyway, looking at the
ticket, it looks to be dormant. Smooge, if you need any help with this, let
me know.

Sijis

[1] - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/208