Change "Contributors" to "Wiki"?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 18:45:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 12:50:17AM -0600, Jesús Franco wrote:

> I just wonder why we are using a wiki targeted to encyclopaedia
> development, not for documentation, as DokuWIki is.

Lots of history to that answer, and I think it is off-topic for this
discussion.

It does sound as if we have some momentum to work on a knowledgebase
(kbase) solution.  There are many, many, many ways to provide that
functionality.  Perhaps a new discussion thread on this list is a good
place to start?  Then we could work on requirements and see how well
solutions such as DokuWiki fit.

I think it is the purview of the Websites team to choose what
application provides the best functionality for the intended
audience(s), in discussion with the Infrastructure team to make sure
the solution can be supported.

Sound about right?

- Karsten