Patch adding native names in language selector

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 8 10:35:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/7 Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>:
>> Done, thanks.
>> I don't know why you removed the capital letter for several languages
>> (Spanish, French...). I've corrected that.
>>

> I did this because that's how they are listed on Wikipedia page [1].
> Many languages don't capitalize language names, unlike English. I
> thought French [2] and some others are one of them, like my native
> language, Polish.
>
> I'm sorry if I was wrong,
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes
>
> [2] http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ais
>
> --
> Piotr Drąg
> http://raven.pmail.pl/

Don't worries, I've just changed according to the wiki page[1].
In fact, it is more complicated. For example, French has a capital
letter if it is the first word of the sentence only.

If this is wrong, translators have just to check it.

In a week, I think that we should change all other language selectors
(start.fpo, spins.fpo...) according to this one.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_CODE_NAME

--
Kévin Raymond (shaiton)
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2