'100%' is causing problems with translation

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Oct 10 22:24:27 UTC 2010

Hi websites people,

I've been translating the new website and I noticed the phrase '100%' is
used in a few places. This seems to cause problems with translation. If
I leave it out completely, 'msgfmt -cvo /dev/null file.po' says "number
of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does not match". If I
use '100%%' in the translation, I get the same error. If I just use
'100%', msgfmt says "'msgstr' is not a valid Python format string,
unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive number 1, the character 'v' is
not a valid conversion specifier.", where the character is whatever
happens to be after '100%'.

I think '100%' should be replaced with an English word which wouldn't
cause these problems.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio