Should we update the POT ASAP? => What to change

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 25 04:46:41 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM, shaiton <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Finally I am taking the time to translate... And could find some issues.
>
>  * in stg.fpo/features, "(view a list of compatible themes here.)"  =>
> "here" shouldn't be a link to http://www.adiumxtras.com/ ?

I think mizmo may have a better idea about what this text should link to.

>  * /data/content/using/tutorials/*   *many* strings are not
> translatable. I didn't notice that before.
>  * /data/content/using/tutorials/*  "Read about more ways to use
> Fedora'))}!<" the '!' should be in the translated string.
>
> What do you think guys? If you're ok, I could update it tomorrow
> night, build the new POT and merge po files, and then notify the trans
> team.

i think that putting extra, last minute, work on the trans group will look
bad for us especially since we've already asked them twice for 2 exceptions.
I do think that its necessary to translate it and looking at the stats in
transifex[1], it appears only 6 out of ~48 languages are 100%. If we keep
adding it, they will never get done.
At the same time, it does need to be translated at some point (and
preferrably before/by GA).

I think it would probably be best to ask them to allow this update. However,
we have to make sure that we double-check that all the files are in fact
marked up to be translatable. This way it *should* be the last update we
provide them.

Anyone have an other ideas or suggestions on how to approach this or do you
agree with my thought?

Sijis

[1] -
https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/fedora-web/c/master-fedoraproject/