Website bug rundown day 1

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 28 03:13:19 UTC 2010

2010/10/27 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> Hi folks,
>
> Here's the bugs I've seen reported here, on identi.ca, or on IRC. Let me
> know if you're aware of any others. We should probably set up another
> wiki page. :) AFAIK only one has a ticket.
>
> By the way, thanks to everyone reporting the issues they see. Keep them
> coming if you've got them - please try to note your web browser, version
> number, screen resolution, and anything else that might be appropriate.
> For visual bugs, screenshots are extremely helpful.
>
> Open
>
> • First page load, slideshow 'throws up' over screen. Shift+reload
> appears to resolve the issue. Not sure why though. Cached CSS?
> • Zoom in at 5x - download button on front page slide disappears
> • Turn off JS - weird things happen
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/30
> • Green on the downloads pages is too intense green (mattl on identi.ca)
> • More spacing on main navbar would be nice if possible (mattl on
> identi.ca)
> • Typo on get fedora > by format: s/by formats/by format

• Fedoracommunity.org didn't launch, link to it points to plain
> index.html

• On the front page [1] displays only English version of countdown
> banner (regardless of the language selected), here [2] everything is
> fine. (Alexander Smirnov)
> • from dbs on identi.ca @fabsh New fedoraproject.org site looks weird on
> Chromium on Fedora 13 64-bit for me; fine with Firefox though.
> http://imgur.com/mhqjq.png
> • identica: @qu1j0t3 ..... http://fedoraproject.org/en/about... // great
> start, but too text heavy. refactor
> • '¿' character for es is mirrored for some bizarre reason - noticeable
> on the front page. A bug with Cantarell? Appears to work fine with
> Comfortaa.
> • Misc Windows issues, documented here:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2010-October/008716.html
>
> Difficult to reproduce
>
> • slideshow images not loading at all for Gurhan Ozen, mizmo will try to
> reproduce with him
>
> Resolved
>
> • notting ran into a weird issue where the title on the first slide was
> rendering much too small. it turned out to be client-side CSS he didn' t
> know about - removing it fixed the issue
>
> Future Work Suggestinon
>
> • would be nice to update wiki skin to match new www.fpo
> • better panda for 404
>
> Thanks,
> ~m

Thank you for putting this together.

• Fedoracommunity.org didn't launch, link to it points to plain
> index.html

This should be live now. I just checked a few minutes ago.

The other note was on IRC by "ultrav1olet". The main concern was that the
embedded font looked horrible, especially in Windows, and that we should use
that as a alternative font, not as the primary one. The example screenshot
given was: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5177/fedoraprojectinwindowsx.png

I added all this to a wiki page, so we could track it down (if its not
already in trac).

I'll work on the non-js and fix the typo on the website for Formats tab

Sijis