Introduction and new, exploring contributors

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 23:31:22 UTC 2010

2010/9/6 Matthew Jadud <mjadud at allegheny.edu>:
> Hello all,
>
> My name is Matt Jadud[1], a member of the CS faculty at Allegheny
> College. Since attending a Red Hat workshop on integrating FLOSS and
> the classroom[2], I've been looking for more ways to do this in my
> teaching. This semester I am leading a course titled "Human Centered
> Design," which focuses on interface usability issues.
>
> [...]

Hi Matt,

First off, I wanted to say that this sounds like a really cool idea
for a course. I wish my university did something to work with FOSS
like this. :)

>From your mail I get the impression that you mainly want to focus on
Fedora's website redesign. Is that correct, or are you also planning
to look at Fedora's software (or other apps/parts of GNOME)?

I haven't been a member of Fedora's Design Team for very long yet and
I am only a student myself, but I think usability is a really
interesting subject and I'll gladly help with this project where I
can. I'll keep an eye on what's happening, but feel free to talk to me
anytime. I'm Schendje on IRC. :)

Good luck to you and all the students!

Jef