Problem with git push

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Sep 7 20:29:10 UTC 2010

Hi Tajidin,

Tajidin Abd wrote:
>   I have some commits that i need to push. I have commit access to the
> websites. I am in the gitfedora-web group I am constantly getting the
> following error
>

> Permission denied (publickey).
>> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>>

> So i dont know what is the issue here. I can ssh to my fedorapeople space
> with this key
>
> i also did configure my git url.correctly to reflect the following
>
> origin    ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git (fetch)
> origin    ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git (push)
>

> also i want to show that my local machine username is tajidin
>
> but on FAS its tajidinabd so is that the issue with the key error?

Yes.  I thought we worked that out in irc the other day?  In any case,
you need to tell git or ssh that you want to use tajidinabd as the
username to connect to git.fedorahosted.org as.

I would do this in ~/.ssh/config, so that it applies to all projects.
For example:

Host *.fedorahosted.org *.fedoraproject.org *.fedorapeople.org
    User tajidinabd

If you don't want to do that (and I'd really be curious why not), you
can configure the push URL in your fedora-web git clone to specify the
username.  The URL would be:

    ssh://tajidinabd@git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next
to me.
    -- Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)