[Ambassadors] What do you think? (was Re: fedoracommunity.org portal design)

robyduck robyduck at fedoraonline.it
Sat Sep 11 21:35:27 UTC 2010

I re-pick up this discussion cause I think that a little changes in the
wiki could help all the new Fedora users finding the right support.
As all of you know the wiki is available in english, french, italian,
spanish, german, russian, danish ecc..14 languages.
Now, for this 14 languages, which are the most used I think, couldn't it
be possible changing the information on the right of the wiki-homepage
"Links of interests"?
The new users would appreciate and don't have to search 5-6-7 clicks to
find the local community page in their language or the ML, the IRC
channel or other support in the choosen language. Instead of listing all
the international pages, let's link only the support in the choosen
language (if I'm italian I'm not interested in the japanese IRC
channel); I think also that the most used english support channels and
sites should be listed as now.
In this way you can give more visibility to the local support channels
like ML or IRC and can also promote the fedoracommunity sites. This
would also contribute to enforce a collaboration between ML/IRC channels
and community sites. On the other side the Fedora users which come on
teh wiki of fedoraproject.org, will find support and information within
a few seconds.

I hope we could deepen this discussion in the next days.
Robert