Privacy issues at ask.fedoraproject.org

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 12 15:57:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Richard E. van der Luit
<erech03 at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Got a little problem with signing up to ask.fedoraproject.org.
>
> Call me old fashion, old school or just a paranoid control freak, but i
> dont like the idea of getting me an OpenID, just to be able to login at
> ask.fedoraproject. I *do* like to keep my passwords my passwords, how
> trustful the "password-keeper" may be.
> I don't have a facebook, twitter, identi.ca, google, yahoo, aol,
> technorati, wordpress, blogger, livejournal, claimid, nor any other
> account at a website of a profile-gathering company (yes, you may call
> me old-fashion too), i simply don't like those 'services'.
>
> Shall there be a 'normal' login-option to?
>
> hope so,
>
> regards
> Richard
> nippur at fedoraproject.org

Hi,

>From your signature I see your fas login…
You already have an openID as a Fedora contributor!
Your unique url is "nippur.id.fedoraproject.org"

You have the choice to not use it, but unfortunately we (Fedora, not
the website team) don't provide other authentication method, yet.
Please see the following questions:
http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/501/can-i-login-in-without-openid
http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/55/feature-request-fas-login-support-in

The wiki page concerning ask.fedora is there[1], feel free to contact
the team under irc (or by email).
The websites team have nothing to do with this service.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Askbot

Regards,

--
Kévin Raymond