[fedoracommunity.org] The filler pics didn't fill up the whole box.

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 13 03:17:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Caius Chance <me at kaio.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There are some problems on appearance in:
> >
> > http://fedoraommunity.org/apac (and all other 3 regions)
> >
> > The top box "Region-wide Resources" has the pale background filled
> nicely.
> > However, for the boxes of "Community Site in this region", the filler
> pics
> > only stayed on the left without filling up the whole box by extension or
> > repeating itself just like the "Region-wide Resources". I have checked
> out
> > the CSS which seems the top box used different method as the boxes below.
> >
> > Would you mind to have a look on that please?
>
> ahah I thought that it was intentional. I don't really feel the design…
> It's like if we wanted to show a snapshot of the website's home page.
> Makes sense? Should we? (I won't take them… it won't be automated…
> there would be outdated…).
>
> Should we just expend the background color?

The box on the left is intentional. I don't believe there was a 'purpose'
for it other than look. Keeping up with homepage screenshot is too much
effort. I do recall it should change when someone hovers over it though to
a darker color. That doesn't seem to be implemented.