bullshits!

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Wed Dec 14 18:05:45 UTC 2011

Hi Charlie,

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 18:55 +0100, charlie wrote:
> soo.. i have installed fedora 16 64-bit. and now i can to play any
> movie, because there is no possible to install any codec with ac-3
> support. there is no support for this problem on ur website, so please
> stop to writte this bullshits on your website! now i have to reinstall
> everything and to back to my previous system... a i have lost 2
> days... thanks;]

You don't need to reinstall your system. Totem does support everything
we claimed as I tested each use case before we created that write-up for
our website. (I use Totem *all* the time to watch videos of all
different formats myself as well as over UPNP, FWIW, and stand by what
we said.) Out-of-the-box, we support free formats only (rationale here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Software_Patents#There_are_free_and_open_software_implementations_of_the_codecs._Why_don.27t_you_include_them.3F ) but you can install add-ons that support additional formats.

Here's more information with tutorials:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia

Hope this helps,
~m