A worldwide community of friends

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 10:54:51 UTC 2011

2010/12/29 Rajesh Ranjan <rajesh672 at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I just browsed http://fedoraproject.org
> and found that when this page shows "A worldwide community of friends", the
> pix shown there is not showing really worldwide representation as per my
> assumption.
>
> In this pix representation of people from eastern part of world (India,
> China etc) seems to be almost zero. I think that we should put a pix showing
> our really wider community spread across the globe!

Hi Rajesh,

This icon was based on the globe icon in the Tango Icons set [1], and
as such it shows the same side of the globe.

Being a globe, it can only show a part of the surface, but of course
this doesn't mean that the Fedora community doesn't extend to the
countries not shown. I hope it's clear that that wasn't my intention.
:)

I guess we could change it to be a map of the world, instead of a
globe. If you could find me an SVG image of a world map that's public
domain (or under an acceptable license) I'd be happy to use that
instead of a globe.

Jef

[1] http://tango.freedesktop.org/images/2/20/Tango-feet.png (second
half, 6th row)