get-fedora.html l10n markup issue

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 5 17:15:37 UTC 2011

>> Looks like we just need to update the POT and PO files with the new string.
>> Unfortunately that just means translators will need to re-translate that
>> string.

Argh, if we do a change, we need to commit the new html file AND the
new POT rebuilt? As the pot file is not rebuilt online. I forgot
this... Sorry, now I understand the problem.

So my last commit[1] should also break one string. fedora spin also
need a new POT.

> Actually... anyone with a PO editor could probably take care of this;
> I've done similar work for Docs from time to time.  There may be other
> changes to POT that will happen as well, and I don't know offhand how
> you'd update just this one string.  If it's possible, that would be
> great, and I could fix the PO files in return!  If it's not... well, I
> could still fix the one string, but translation teams would have to
> handle the rest per usual.  Let me know what you decide to do and I'll
> be happy to help.

No, anyone with an ASCI (utf8) file editor could do this.
I use vim a lot for translating...

In that case, I propose the following process
1) typo correction on html files
2) use sed in all po files to update the original string (only po files)
3) generate the new POT file by making a new build
4) commit html, pot and po files.

Using this, it will correct the word for all language without having
translators to just remove the "fuzzy" tag. They won't have to
download the po file, remove this tag and upload it any more.

But, in the Sijis' commit, by changing XFCE to Xfce I think this
process is not useful because we also want all languages to update
their translations accordingly.
Here we would have to parse all po file to correct this specific word
in a foreign language.
In that case I propose to generate only the new pot file and let
translators to adapt their translations.

[1] http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fedora-web.git;a=commitdiff;h=8d75e2d44957033d174d35445c5323bce3d15490

--
Kévin Raymond (shaiton)
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2