get-fedora.html l10n markup issue

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 6 16:21:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Sijis Aviles <sijis at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Yeah, when updating a string in a file, we should typically update (commit)
> the updated .pot file. I personally don't do it all the time as i think its
> rude to constantly be changing the .pot file on a translator. I tend to push
> the updated po/pot files when there a are several changes and bulk them in
> one commit.

How to keep track which pot file has to be updated, and when?
About the spins one, I am going to finish translating it in about 2
weeks. I will probably have other typo to correct.

> Alternatively, we could replace this string in the po files
>
> msgid "KDE, XFCE, GNOME, and others"
>
> and change XFCE to Xfce and update the fedora-web.pot file.
>
> Doing all that may be too much effort that just updating any and all missing
> or updated strings.

that was my point 2), isn't it? sed is a tool that can replace strings
in a file.
for example
$ sed -e 's/KDE, XFCE, GNOME, and others/KDE, Xfce, GNOME, and
others/g' -i  *.po
will do it.

--
Kévin Raymond (shaiton)