Website team goals for 2011?

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 21 17:44:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:42:32PM -0600, Sijis Aviles wrote:
> > - create and build new mediawiki theme based off fp.o
>
> Glad to see this at the top :)

Yeah and i should be working on it. There *will* be some progress by the
time Tempe comes around.

> > - convert existing sites to 960 grid and add common footer
>
> I think I'm going to work on planet.fp.o at some point, mainly because
> there's some specific things I'd like to see... maybe I'll get started
> on that pre-FUDCon.

Yeah, that sounds great!

> > - figure out what to do about start.fp.o. It's goal/purpose
>
> At this point my opinion is to keep the Google search bar and just move
> it to the new fp.o layout... we can discuss goal and purpose later.

I've been starting to think the site should be closer to a '1 page release
notes' similar to what FF does when you update it, instead of a fedora news
type idea I initially thought. The google search is good for now, it just a
bit bland.

Sijis