RFC: My suggested improvements to start.fpo

Elad el.il at doom.co.il
Sun Mar 20 12:08:58 UTC 2011

Hello everyone.
Currently, start.fpo looks like this [1]. I don't like that all
controls are in one line, So I made this[2].
I told about it to another Fedora user, and he suggested that we add
an option to search in Fedora Package Database and Fedora wiki. I've
implemented this. screenshot [3].
Please note that in the third screenshot, the header height is 146px,
and there is a reason for that: Jef said he wanted the header size to
be the same in all fedora website. In fp.o, the header is 116px high,
and the menu is 30px high, and looks like part of the header. In
start.fpo there is no menu, so the header height can be 116+30, and it
still looks constant when going from start.fpo to fp.o.

More screenshots: Hover over the search button[4], Package Database is
selected[5].

What do you think? any suggestions/ideas for more improvements?

[1] http://elad.fedorapeople.org/start.fpo.now.png
[2] http://elad.fedorapeople.org/start.fpo.png
[3] http://elad.fedorapeople.org/start.fpo-wiki-and-pkgdb.png
[4] http://elad.fedorapeople.org/start.fpo-search-hover.png