start.fedoraproject.org is ugly.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:37:35 UTC 2011

Hi All,

After the introduction of new start page, I found the concept very
nice and the page somehow ugly.
A few fixes will be nice, if possible.

1. Scrap the lines below the headers in announcement section. It reads
like this:
"Ryan Rix: Fedora accepted in to Google Summer of Code 2011!: Heya
folks :) <br /> So... after a year&#39;s hiatus, Fedora&#39;s been
accepted in to Google&#39;s Summer of Code program for summer 2011!
summer, start thinking about some awesome idea that you&#39;d like to
make happen in Fedora this summer. [...]"

1.1 Why can not we merge both planet and announcement?

2. All the dates are Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:24:43 +0000, do we need +0000
instead of UTC? Do we need dates at all?

3. Instead of wasting space in a very big footer, dedicate some space
specifically about join fedora and how to get help in the content div.

4. Do we need the redhat logo twice?

Thanks.

--
Regards,