FUDCon Website - COD setup status

tuxdna tuxdna at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 13:47:50 UTC 2011

Hello Vaidik,

I configured the hostname as myfedora.org in /etc/hosts and created a
virtual host Apache to server Drupal for that host.

Today, I had a look at your version of the theme [1], it looks very
nice. Can you commit it to the git repo.

Here are a few things that we need to incorporate:
 * We need to apply an update the the code base as shown in the screenshot [2].
 * Provide a database dump

NOTE: All these steps were done on my local instance of Drupal COD
installation which can be created as stated in wiki [8].

First I enabled AuthFAS module, but I later decided to disable it as
any user would need to be present in a approved group in FAS. We can
discuss on that later.

For now, I have enabled Drupal's core OpenID module. It works fine
with any OpenID provider including FAS [6].

I have also uploaded the database [7] dump which I sanitized and
minimized like so:

Reset admin password [3]

UPDATE users SET pass = md5('newpassword') WHERE uid = 1;

Clear log entry table [4]:

DELETE FROM watchdog;
ALTER TABLE watchdog AUTO_INCREMENT = 0;

Clear cache tables [5]:

DELETE FROM cache;

I will later commit this dump to the git repo.

Now I plan to host the complete steup to some proper domain. I have
one which I can use for testing. What do you suggest?

/tuxdna

[1] http://tuxdna.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-web/fudconpune-website-theme.png
[2] http://tuxdna.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-web/drupal-code-updates.png
[3] http://www.werockyourweb.com/how-reset-drupal-admin-password