Hello everyone! I'm new!

Elad el.il at doom.co.il
Thu Oct 27 20:18:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Vaidik Kapoor <kapoor.vaidik at gmail.com>wrote:

> Don't want to sound like hijacking your thread. Its a great way to
> introduce and I have been kinda shy on this part.
>
> My name is Vaidik Kapoor and I am interested in joining the websites
> project. I am from India.
>
> I am primarily a web developer and have a sound knowledge of HTML/CSS,
> Javascript. I know PHP as well. I am currently contribute to the Drupal
> project.
>
> I wanted to add my blog to Planet Fedora. Can anyone from the "Web" group
> sponsor for so that I can join the "Web" group? I can't add my blog to
> Planet Fedora until then.
>
> Work I have done so far:
>
>    - I built the FUDCon Pune 2011 website - http://fudcon.in
>
> Cheers!
> Vaidik
>
> On 24 October 2011 18:18, Chris Chapman <chris+fedora at hackit.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> My name is Chris Chapman, and I guess I'm joining the websites project.
>> I'm English and I come from the UK.
>>
>> I can code HTML and CSS at an intermediate/advanced level, and I can code
>> PHP to an intermediate level. I usually code in XHTML. I can also code XML
>> and am learning Python. I have been coding for about four to five years.
>>
>> That's me. Feel free to contact me at chris PLUS fedora AT hackit DOT me
>> DOT uk.
>>
>> Bye!
>> ~Chris
>>
>> --

Hi Vaidik and Chris.
Welcome to the team.

We won't add you the the websites group in FAS just yet, because that would
mean full commit access to our website's git repository.

Please read:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_fix_bugs_on_the_Fedora_Project_website
and: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/ShowUs

If you really want to start proving us that you're "worthy" enough for
commit access (ie. we can trust you), find a ticket that needs fixing and
submit patches. I'm here on the list and in #fedora-websites in freenode if
you need any help.

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/report/1

An easy one to start with would be
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/63
and
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/ticket/52

Other useful tasks (that would take much more time and effort, and I don't
think you should start with those right away) would be re-designing
boot.fedoraproject.org and fedorahosted.org to be consistent with our main
website design.
I think I remember that someone was working on a new theme for the wiki as
well, but I don't know what's the status of this. These tasks will also
require collaboration and input from the design team, so you really should
ask them for input before starting any of those tasks.

--
-Elad Alfassa.