Wiki permissions?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Sep 3 17:45:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 04:45:36PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 09:37 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 10:49:06 +0100
> > Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > My FAS name is hadess, and it seems I'm not allowed to edit this page:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation/Bluetooth
> > > because it's "protected". Seeing as I wrote the whole thing, would you
> > > mind explaining why I'm not allowed to edit it?
> >
> > Strange. I don't see it as protected here... and you had an edit on the
> > 1st?
> >
> > Did you get this working?
>
> Seems to work now. I guess it keeps logging me out without me
> realising...

If you drop the 's' from 'https', which can happen with a history link
or an inbound link written that way, then you are no longer logged
in. The wiki only serves logged in pages over HTTPS. Signing in solves
the problem, but simply adding an 's' to 'http' and reloading the page
does the same.

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org