Update to newer version of Trac?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:13:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 02:16:04PM -0400, Tom McKay wrote:
> I'm new to using fedorahosted.org and found myself confused by a project's Timeline. All the changesets are listed without any differentiation of which branch they are on. Perhaps a newer version of Trac is available that corrects this?
>
> I saw this http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/9869 but don't know anything about Trac versions and releases.
>
> Thanks for your time!

Infrastructure is trying to work out how best to upgrade to a new trac
version for fedorahosted.  The current trac and new trac are incompatible so
it's not a easy as just installing the new version.  The current plan is
that we'll install a RHEL6 machine with the trac that's in EPEL6.  That
means we'd be going from trac-0.10 to trac-0.12.  Looks like trac-0.13 is
still under development so unfortunately, we wouldn't be pulling in the fix
mentioned in that ticket even then.

There's also been discussion about whether and how we might be able to use
openshift to host fedorahosted projects -- for instance having reviewboard
output in openshift per-project instead of running one instance in fedora
infrastructure.  That's going to depend on someone working out how we can
make that work, however.  (For instance, currently we're just talking about
addons, not the core trac service).

-Toshio