Fedoraproject Wiki spam

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 15 12:34:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Kévin Raymond
<shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:56:29 +0800
>> Christopher Meng <cickumqt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How caould fp prevent spamming???
>>
>> Well, we already require an active fas account, which means you have to
>> pass a captcha and have a valid email address.
>>
>> I'm not sure what more we could do without burdening legit edits.
>>
>> It is reasonably easy to rollback spam and disable people...
>>
>> kevin
>
> We also have the small calculation to resolve before adding external link.
>
> Should we build a watchlist of "too much active people"? I mean,
> people doing several edits in few seconds?
> I know that some pages are edited using scripts, so it's not really relevant.

Hello

I like the idea to monitor the 'most active people' so that warnings
are generated automatically.

However who maintain the wiki, is there any set of contributors, team?
or is it handling by the web-site team?
I have noted some mistakenly created pages by me are still on the
system though I have noted them for 'speedy deletion'.

Thanks

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)