fedoraproject.org banner problem

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 19 07:52:35 UTC 2012

> Seems to be a problem with SeaMonkey 2.0.14 and firefox 3.6.24 (highest
> rpms for Fedora 14), configuration mini fonttype etc in preferences is
> not the problem.
> Fedora 16 as guest in VM with Firefox 11 doesn't have the problem.
>
> Upgrading to latest Fedora of my laptop is not an option, as Fedora 14
> is latest without (still not working) gnome 3 *and* i -as many do- like
> to keep full control over my own machine.
>
> Do you think it is a configuration problem or a PBKAC?
>
> reagrds
> Richard
>
> Attached: (en) example (de) example (nl) example

Hi,

The website design is not dynamic, translators have to shorten their
translations if it appears to be too wide.
I agree, this is not the cleverest way to do.
You saw that it depends of your browser, probably because we use "em"
font size and not px.

Could you please open a ticket for that on our Trac?
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/
I can't tell you when this is going to be updated.

Moreover, you should upgrade to a supported Fedora Release (currently
Fedora 15-16), as you don't benefit of security updates anymore.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_of_life
GNOME 2 Vs GNOME 3 is not the question here, I suggest you to try
Xfce, or if you like the full control, to try KDE.

Cheers,

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)