Introducing myself

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 23 10:04:43 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Eduardo Weiland <duduweiland at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm Eduardo Weiland, I'm from Brazil, and  I was thinking about how
> to collaborate with the Fedora Project. Well, as I know a lot of HTML, CSS,
> Javascript and PHP, and now I'm learning Python, I think I could help with
> the Fedora Websites.

Hi Eduardo,

Welcome!

We don't use PHP in Fedora (only to run mediawiki), but we do use a
lot of the above quoted languages.
Our websites use the Genshi python framework for I18n, that's where
I've personally learn Python!
The HTML pages/css was designed using the 960grid system.

>From [1] you'll find how to clone our public repo in order to discover
how our websites are designed.
Currently fedoraproject.org is built against the f17-beta branch.
We are going to merge in the master one to prepare for the GA release day.
We have many easyfix tickets[2] who are going to be fixed in this master branch.

All our current tickets are in [3], see if one of them appear
interesting to you (I am sure that you can help validating our
CSS/HTML sources, see #79).
Please ask here or by IRC if you need any help to move forward in the
Websites team (and that's true for all new incomers who have
previously sent us their interest).
You won't have push access right now, but Sijis or I could sponsor you
if you submit interesting patches ;)

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_fix_bugs_on_the_Fedora_Project_website
[2] http://stg.fedoraproject.org/easyfix/#fedora-websites
[3] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-websites/report/1