google search on start.fedoraproject.org

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 2 09:35:26 UTC 2012

> It does have a privacy policy that is more stringent about the data that
> duckduckgo keeps than the data that google keeps, though.  With no current
> open source search engine, the Board decided that the website team could
> decide for itself what search technology to use to implement start.fp.o
> (which I see you are raising here, in the appropriate list :-)

Things that I've already started in april[1].

@team, we spoke about redesigning start.fpo, don't know where we are.
But we could change the default search engine to duckduckgo, and add a
discrete box like:
"Don't like the default search engine? Join us and contribute to a new
feature, called "Select the default search engine during the install
process!"

Like that we
1) break things
2) ask people that don't like this change to contribute
3) move forward

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2011-April/018501.html

--
Kévin Raymond