New transifex feature: downloading only proofread translations

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 14 16:04:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:00:35 +0100
Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The indifex team has worked hard and pushed many new features[1]. What
> concern us is (would be up in few hours, I were just told that by
> irc), the new ability to download only proofread translations.
> There is a new role, "proofreader" who is able to proofread
> translations. Using the transifex client, we should be able to
> download only proofread translations soon.
>
> As a translator team coordinator, I find that really great. Some teams
> never proofread their work (language dependant, some are easier), but
> other have to.
> In the fist case, translators will have to verify all their
> translations (I'll let them know), which is just a mouse click or a
> keyboard shortcut while translating online.
>
> The question is, do we want to download only proofread translations?
>
> [1] http://blog.transifex.net/2012/02/transifex-update/

I think this might be nice, but would depend on how much it's going to
slow things down. ;)

Do most of our translators have proofreaders? Or would their changes
sit waiting for one?

I know proofreading (another set of eyes checking) would catch some
obvious typos/mistakes and that would be great. ;)

kevin