overview of fedora

Eduardas Braiko eduardas.braiko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:04:43 UTC 2012

Hi, just red the overview of fedora on fedora web page and some thoughts come by, so I wanted to share. Hope it will have positive effect :)

Fedora is a Linux-based operating system (thats ok, you my add free in this section cause it's first impression and you giving it for nothing. Next part should go for "what's in side"),

a suite of software that makes your computer run (this is NOT a good point, because if I read it that means my machine IS running... In other words, this part of short overview is NOT connecting with the deeper levels of customer (or better to say with user) reasoning emotions. It should contain your spirit of pioneering... and show that you express this by using linux only in the way the artist uses white paper to paint his picture and that there is something useful inside for YOU). The overview should have the spirit by which the user can recognize (in his unconscious)  the spirit which wakes you up every morning and makes you do what you do (this makes user easier to adjust him self and love your work). In this part show what you  have  to share with the other human being).

You can use the Fedora operating system to replace or to run alongside of other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows™ or Mac OS X™ (this is not the hook! it says to the unconscious of the user: we don't know that you are looking for some new experience and something better, might be, to use on your PC... (sorry...? why am I here?!) and we have not much to offer except the free replacements...). So again you waste this part).

The Fedora operating system is 100% free of cost for you to enjoy and share (And It's Free! - or similar phrase will do better effect then long explanation (Remember Facebook story: not "The Facebook" but  just "Facebook" made the huge difference). I mean users are always looking for something new and different and what ever you explain will just blunt the senses of curiosity, pioneering, and creative imagination. (the main part is giving the tools, and the user WlLL find where and how to use it). So, as more you explain - more you explain your self actually, to cover your hidden goals and that says your goal is not what's here, written for me to read).

Best regards