Regarding the Arabic Fedoraproject.org web page

Ahmed Alfasatwi a.alfasatwi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:16:40 UTC 2012

On 01/29/2012 06:34 AM, Sijis Aviles wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Ahmed Alfasatwi
> <a.alfasatwi at gmail.com <mailto:a.alfasatwi at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Websites Fedora Team,
>
>     My name is Ahmed, and I am new to the fedora community.
>
>     I am a web developer with a good experience in web design and
>     programming (php).
>
>     I have noticed that the Arabic web site of the Fedoraproject.org
>     is not translated yet, and since my Arabic language is excellent,
>     I wish to contribute by helping in the translation of those pages.
>
>     Warmest Regards,
>
>     Ahmed Alfasatwi,
>
>     --
>

> Ahmed,
>
> Thank you for your interest. We truly want folks to translate our
> website. Translating the website is done through Transifex [1]. Go
> ahead and create an account and then click on Arabic. There you should
> see some options to get the strings necessary to translate. We also
> have other websites [2] that should be translated too.
>
> You don't need to be 100% for translated text to show up. We pull
> these translations hourly, so anything done during that period will be
> displayed on the website.
>
> Thank you again for translating!
>
> Sijis
>
> [1] -
> https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora-web/resource/fedoraproject-org-master/
> [2] - https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora-web/
Dear Sijis,

Thank you for your reply, I have registered an account in Transifex and
requested to join the Arabic translation team since it was required, but
from what I have seen, the last five activities happened in the Arabic
translation team were requests from 5 users that haven't been yet
approved, and some of the requests have been alive for more than 4 months.

https://fedora.transifex.net/projects/p/fedora/team/ar/

So is it possible that no one is taking care of that team?, and if so,
how is it possible for anyone to answer my request.

Thank you again for the reply,

Warmest Regards,

Ahmed Alfasatwi,