Request for css for Fedora cgit installs

Robert Mayr robyduck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 22:15:14 UTC 2012

2012/7/24 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>

> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:27:00 +0200
> Robert Mayr <robyduck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I took a look on the gnome css and started working on it, pushing the
> > files on github [1].
> > The css file structure seems nice, but reading deeper there are a lot
> > of duplicated classes and ID's, not according to a clean codec.
> > I also noticed that the Gnome guys inserted a lot of new classes,
> > rewriting partially the html code.
> >
> > My idea is a little bit different, the migration dead-line is very
> > near and unfortunately I've no time to review the whole site.
> > I suggest a review of the basic css file, this can produce a more
> > comfortable layout too, but if there is anyone willing to give me a
> > help in rewriting all the stuff, he's/she's welcome.
>
> Finally got to looking at this. ;)
>
> I like it.
>
> it's simple, but it looks pretty good and loads nice and fast.
>
> kevin

Really? :) :)
I updated the css files now, cleaning them of unused stuff and inserting
the images we need. I corrected also some margins.
I think more than this I can't do for now, unless we decide to rewrite the
page, inserting it in the cgitrc file. In this case we can decide to use
also a 960 grid layout or include a more useful footer, ecc ecc.

The files are on my github account, if you like them I could push them also
into a new branch to track the commit, I let decide the group admin's about
it.

Cheers