Who maintains fudcon.fedoraproject.org?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu May 3 18:54:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, 3 May 2012 16:12:46 +0200
Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM, tuxdna <tuxdna at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Adding to CC: Vaidik Kapoor.
> > Adding Original Thread [0] for reference.
> >
> >> Hi, thanks for this input Saleem.
> >> So you have been working for your own instance, you didn't expect
> >> to build this for the community?
> >
> > Yes that is the intention. It is for the community. All the code is
> > hosted on github [1]. I am personally quite occupied at the moment,
> > so I won't be able to
> > maintain an another instance.
>
> Ok nice.
> But before asking our infra, we need to have an admin team, who will
> install/maintain it.
> As I am not a CMS addict, I won't fit for this job.
> Actually we have asrob.
> Anyone else?

Let me jump in here and note the process of bringing up a new service
in Fedora Infrastructure:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources

In particular before requesting any resources you MUST:

* Have an interested group of people who promise to maintain the
  application moving forward and work through the above process.
* All packages used MUST be reviewed and available in the EPEL repos.

If this is something that could be worked inside the existing insight
application, that would be great and would probably help on saving some
time.

kevin