Correct site address of Fedora Indonesia Community

Arif Tri Waluyo arifiauo at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 4 00:19:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Yafiz Haris Nasution <yafiz at fedora.or.id>
> wrote:
> > Dear Webmaster Fedora Project,
> >
> > Help me please to correct information in this page :
> > http://fedoracommunity.org/apac
> > Site Address of Fedora Indonesia Community Portal is http://fedora.or.id
> >

> > The domain (fedora.or.id) officially registered as Fedora Indonesia
> > Community at Authorize Indonesia Domain Name / PANDI (http://pandi.or.id
> )
> >
> > Thank You
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > YAFIZ HARIS NASUTION
> >
> > The Fedora Indonesia Team
> > fedora : freedom | friends | features | first
> >
> > Portal :http://fedora.or.id or http://fedora.linux.or.id
> >
> > Forum : http://forum.fedora.or.id
> > Planet : http://planet.fedora.or.id
> > Milis : fedora-id at googlegroups.com
> > IRC Chanel : #fedora.indonesia
> > Facebook : facebook.com/fedora.indonesia
> > Twitter : twitter.com/fedoraid

> Hi,
>
> By the time that I've added id.fedoracomminuty.org, the website was great.
> Could you explain me which one is THE one?
> See
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2011-November/019006.html
> Should we update the id.fedoracomminuty.org redirection to an other
> domain?
>

> Moreover, do you have a trademark legal agreement with Red Hat to hold
> the  fedora.or.id domain name?
>

> --
> Kévin Raymond
> (shaiton)
> GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Hi Kévin,

Let me explain about it:

I'm Arif Tri Waluyo, knows the world of open source since 2008. Joining the
Fedora Project since November 2010. Besides active in the Fedora Project, I
am also active as a writer at Fedora Indonesia community site (fedora.or.id).
Dichi Al Faridi who made me the writer in fedora.or.id. Over time, when I
want to write an article on fedora.or.id, there is a warning that the
domain is not renewed by the registrant. Indeed, before actually down,
fedora.or.id difficult to access, often fail to login if you want. After
fedora.or.id down I tried to find out by contacting the Fedora Ambassadors
Indonesia at that time numbered 10. I contacted them via email at their
userpage because the majority of the board fedora.or.id is also the
Ambassador. Since there is no answer from the board fedora.or.id clarity
regarding the status of the site down. I took the initiative to register
the domain id.fedoracommunity.org to the Fedora Project to be the domain
for the community Fedora Indonesia. I immediately set up a blog and the
blog is to meet the guidelines trademark Fedora and the Fedora logo usage
guidelines. Fedora Board approved the request id.fedoracommunity.orgdomain. On
24 November 2011, id.fedoracommunity.org been officially online and into
Fedora Indonesia community site. Some time later, officials
fedora.or.idactive again but in facebook (
http://www.facebook.com/fedora.indonesia). I also join there, and wrote a
post invites the board fedora.or.id to join id.fedoracommunity.org. They
only give like the post, did not join the id.fedoracommunity.org but I also
include a link.

Over time, id.fedoracommunity.org growing and there is a join to be a
writer too. Until finally emerged fedora.or.id board with their new domain,
namely fedora-id.org. Up to date 18 April 2012, visit the fedora-id.org if
we are directed to a forum.fedora-id.org. The forum also felt not ready to
operate, still need improvement. And board fedora-id.org also plans to
switch the Fedora Community portal Indonesia with fedora-id.org domain.

Along with that I often get emails asking where the site is that
Indonesia's official Fedora community between the fedora-id.org and
id.fedoracommunity.org. On every email that comes my answer is, "
id.fedoracommunity.org is the Fedora community official website of
Indonesia under the auspices of the Fedora Project, for more details,
please visit the Fedora Community <http://fedoracommunity.org/>". Because
the saturation continued to receive an email with that question then I made
a post id.fedoracommunity.org
credibility<http://id.fedoracommunity.org/2012/04/kredibilitas-idfedoracommunityorg.html>.
Posting is ultimately up to the facebook group
Indonesia<https://www.facebook.com/groups/fedora.indonesia/>managed by
Fedora
fedora-id.org board. Talk to each other where there was a claim that
Indonesia's official Fedora community.