Request to add Fedora-it.org to Fedora Italian Communities

Mario Santagiuliana fedora at marionline.it
Wed May 23 20:23:50 UTC 2012

Hi to all,
I am Mario Santagiuliana, you can know more about me on my wiki page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Marionline

Sorry for my late to reply to Antonio email, in this weeks I have a lot of
personal things to do.
And sorry for my possible bad English.

In data martedì 22 maggio 2012 17:54:55, Kévin Raymond ha scritto:
> Is fedora-it.org complementary with the actual one,
> http://www.fedoraonline.it ? And do you have signed the trademark
> agreement with Legals to own the fedora-it.org domain name?

Like Antonio said: the fedora-it.org website is born without following the
fedora project request to don't open new domain with fedora name inside and
without follow the trademark agreement or legals notice.

In Italy we have just a big fedora community website: FOL or
www.fedoraonline.it or it.fedoracommunity.org.
FOL was born a lot of years ago and in the last months we (because I am
part of the technical staff of fedoraonline.it community) also update all
the portal. We are in contact with other fedora community, especial fedora-
fr.org that help us to choose the right software to use to update our
website.

We are doing a big work to attract new users to Fedora and to Fedora
Project contributions. And in our community and staff we have a lot of great
person and fedora expert.
In our FOL active staff we are in three ambassadors (me, Gabriele Trombini
[1], Gianluca Sforna [2]). In our forum we give to users a "banner" to
explain them which role they have in Fedora Project or fedoraonline.it
community (like designer or ambassador or fol redactor), so users can see
what they are.

You must to know that Antonio was part of our staff months and months ago.
He decide to leave us but I don't understand clearly why...and he start to
write in another, new, Italian fedora community website without continue a
collaboration with us.

The history is more complex. Synthetically I understand that fedora-it.org
was (re-)born some months ago from old Italian fedora ambassadors team to
become a portal for his groups and their activity and don't a "mirror" of
fedoraonline.it, like it is now.

fedoraonline.it is open to users contributions, Antonio was part of us. I
ask on Italian users mailing list (the first ML for Italian fedora
ambassadors) and then on private Italian fedora ambassadors ML (when I
become an ambassador) to don't open a new website, to don't have same
portal and to help growing existing community without create confusion to
end users.

I write to much, I think that Robert Mayer [3] could give you more info
about history of the first and biggest Italian fedora community. He is the
founder of our community.

I am extremely disappointed about this request, for various reasons, but
the first is that Antonio didn't wrote to Italian ambassadors mailing list
before doing his request.

Bye!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mailga
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Giallu