A clarification about Fedora-it.org

Stefano Mainardi stefano at twinbit.it
Wed May 30 08:39:54 UTC 2012

In rif:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/websites/2012-May/019610.html

Greetings all, I am Stefano Mainardi, one of the founders of ILDN (
http://ildn.net) Italian Linux Distro Network, the first Italian and
European network dedicated to the major GNU/Linux distributions (
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILDN)

After the birth of the network, in 2004, and the success we decided to give
life to a nonprofit association that has as main objective
the dissemination of Free Software in Italy through the portals to the
major Linux distributions and through development and popular
participation in events in which we are committed to promoting GNU / Linux
and Free Software.
The association was founded in February 2006, So let us encourage our users
to interact and collaborate with the development and
translation team of  linux distributions and open source projects, always
with a view to giving our main contribution to the growth
of Linux and Free Software.

And it is this spirit that we have renewed our commitment with
Fedoraitalia, one of our network portals with which he lives, that
because of conflicts with one of its founders, then took another road and
decided to get out of our network, road which then led to the
closure.

For about two years around the network ILDN has undergone a major restyling
both technical and graphical features of our portals,
and we re-started the promoting work of our association by actively
participating in various events related to the Free Software, we
were the media partners of PHP-Day 2012 and Codemotion 2012 and this year
we are in collaboration with the organization of the Conf-SL (
http://www.confsl.org). Events in which both seek to introduce Linux and
Free Software but also forge partnerships with other organizations and
community that have our same objectives and ideals.

In the last years, mainly thanks to the collaboration of several Fedora
ambassador, we decided to create Fedora-it.org, a portal for us in the past
was certainly very important and we want it to be returned. Obviously we do
not want to be absolutely required a snub or a war to FOL, that after the
closing of Fedoraitalia is surely become an important reference point in
the Fedora italian community. But we wants to be just another place for
discussion and growth both for Fedora users in Italy and the Fedora Project.

Having the "seal" certification by Fedora is important for us to see us
recognized a little recognition for the work we do every day, and for the
community.

Thanks to all
--
[image: TWINBIT logo] <http://twinbit.it/>

Stefano Mainardi
*Twinbit Founder
*
*www*:      twinbit.it
*phone*:    0331 924060
*mobile*:   (+39) 3895122611
*skype*:    mainardistefano
*linkedin*: stefanomainardi <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mainardi>
*twitter*:  @stefanomainardi <http://twitter.com/stefanomainardi>
*blog*:     stefanomainardi.com

"Please consider the environment before printing this email."

"Questo messaggio è destinato unicamente alla/e persona/e sopraindicata/e.
È strettamente personale e può contenere informazioni la cui
riservatezza è tutelata dalla normativa ai sensi del DLgs 196/03.
È espressamente vietato alla/e persona/e non destinataria/e
leggere, copiare o comunque usare questo messaggio o diffonderne
il contenuto senza autorizzazione.
Chi ha ricevuto per errore questo fax o messaggio è pregato di
distruggerlo e di avvertire per telefono o fax o email, il mittente."