Drop start.fedoraproject.org in favour of about:home

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 5 14:58:10 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 04:35:28PM +0200, Kévin Raymond wrote:
> So the real question is:
> Do we want this page to be contributor or end user centric? As we try
> to keep both with a simple page, it could not work easily.

Making the page user-centric makes sense, but remember our target users are
people we want to engage so they can become contributors -- even if they're
not developers.

We were talking in the Marketing meeting about updating the default
bookmarks to point to Ask Fedora, and one excellent point is that those are
only used for brand-new users. The start page is something we can (and
should) refresh. It's unfortunate that it's not as pretty as
the http://fedoraproject.org main page -- but we can fix that.