start.fpo

meine trialero at gmx.com
Wed Oct 10 21:08:08 UTC 2012

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 00:27:08 +0200
Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Start.fpo-mockup-elad.png

> > extended search field, search the package database and wiki
> >
> Well, this is the tricky part, I'm not sure if we can implement this
> without using JavaScript or changing the way start.fpo is built

agree on the javascript because it could make things more complicated. further IMO well written html works just as best. maybe with some minor adaptions the mockup-elad page will suit our objectives? I don't know if it is only visual designed or already with some functionality?

> I don't think anyone maintains Fedora Weekly News anymore

skip it on start.fpo?

> Panadas are the unofficial Fedora mascot

XQQ my ignorance. then the pandas are just in the right place

> > like www.osalt.com might help them converting.
> > I'd suggest creating a special document for that in docs.fedoraproject.org

I'll look over there to see if I can suggest some useful links on this topic

> This is actually a problem because duckduckgo is not fully opensource
> either.

OK. then Google serves well...

> Thank you for writing this email, every piece of feedback is highly
> appreciated.

that's why I'm trying to help this a bit further.

--
//meine