About start.fedoraproject.org

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 17:30:18 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 04:19 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 02:18:53PM -0500, Nolan Ganser wrote:
>> Would you like to have a offical forum?
>
> Like a bb-style forum? Not particularly. I think what we need is more work
> on ask.fedoraproject.org, plus a more friendly web interface to the mailing
> lists.

+1

Also, fedoraforum.org has the gravity - it's been active for so long
that people consider it a formal forum. I don't see any value in going
in as direct competition, and it would be dismissive of all the hard
work the forum maintainers have put in over the years.

Even though fedoraforum.org chooses to go alone, I still think it's part
of the Fedora family. I like the idea of continuing our energy in to
different types of fora, such as improving the mailing list interface
and getting more people asking and answering on ask.fedoraproject.org.

- Karsten