Could I use some databases such as MySQL, MariaDB...?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 4 13:12:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Álvaro Castillo
<netsys at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could I use or setup some databases if I request hosting? Or only is for
> programmers to host code?

Hum, what is the subject again?
I am kind of lost here.. I  expect that your request is about the new
platform to gather contributor idea?
But since you are writing to the webmaster alias and not the websites
mailing list as the original request...

Yes you would be able to ask for a database, please see with the infra
which one would work.
All software should be packaged for RHEL.
Please see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Hosting#Request_Resources

But first you need a staging server.

Your request is likely the same as for ask.fedoraproject.org.

> Greetings!
>
> --
> Álvaro Castillo
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys