request to change the design of a page.

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 10 13:50:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Ramasubramaniam <
ramtheoracledeveloper at yahoo.in> wrote:

> sir,Myself R.Ramasubramaniam who is an final year in BE.CSE (8th
> sem).Here i texts some of the corrections to be changed.
>
> The webpage "start.fedoraproject.org" looks not so colorfull.I requested
> to change the design of a page .the design may be the use of css(Cascade
> Style sheet),HTML(Hyper text mark up language) and Php(HYper text
> Pre-processor).
> For ex:the pages could be seperated by frames(<frameset
> rows="50%",*><frameset cols=*,*>) and the mailing list others (as you
> specified at the bottom of the page )could be placed in either of the
> frames .The updates and latest announcement could be mentioned by the
> use of marque tag(<marque>.....</marque>).
> and finally the usefull links can be defined by hint  as clicked.For
> ex:when the user clicks "join  Fedora----Join in our community".
> Similarly you can use of more linux based images .Please Dont use
> bullets  ,expect use the foraml links.
>
> Iam expecting your feedback.If any doubt mail me to:
> Ramasubramaniam :ramtheoracledeveloper at yahoo.in
> Thank you,
> R.Ramasubramaniam,
> 91 8056653179

Hi.

I will not make those changes. The lack of vibrant colors is a design
choice for this page.
We are well aware of various web technologies, and we used some of the
technologies you mentioned (as every other website on the internet does).

frames and marquee are obsolete and will never be used in our website, nor
do they solve any issue that may exist with that page.
A moving marquee is also a very bad design choice for this type of page, as
it is distracting, hard to read and serves no actual need.

If you have an actual reason to believe the design of the page needs to be
changed, feel free to start a discussion in the design team mailing list at

-Elad Alfassa.