Policy change for fedora ambassadors

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 9 09:00:56 UTC 2014

> My complaint rests on the fact that, to become an Ambassador in 2009, Fedora recommended writing a email to the community with personal information in it.
>
> Today, Fedora asks the potential applicant to present this info on a user page of which the info is not archived by third parties as readily.

That's not correct. In 2009 and also now we have a mentoring process
to become ambassador, and as far as I can see you aren't even in this
group. Every group, also ambassadors, ask people to send an
introduction mail to the list, so what is wron with that? I mean, when
you introduce yourself to new friends you talk about you, and it's up
to you what you want to say.

> In 2009, I trusted Fedora.  Fedora sled me to write an email to the marketing list that would instill 'trust' in me - yes, using that very language.
>
> That language was misleading and concealed the supposes open and transparent nature of the info I was divulging.

The language is very clear, and I can see you also created a FAS
account and signed the CLA.

> Please help me contact Redhat legal affairs.  They were helpful before, and would probably be glad to bring final resolution to the issue.
>
> Please consider that openness and transparency are only legitimate if entered into with full consent of the user.

I guess that's the case.

> Without this prerequisite, what you claim as open is a socially irresponsible was to abdicate responsibility on your part.

So your questions are of legal nature! Therefore please don't spam all
the Mailing Lists you can find but please get in contact with the
persons who are able to give you an answer. [1]
The websites mailing list is just not the right place you are writing to.
Thank you.

Best regards.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Main

--