Towards F21: update and TODOs

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 4 21:38:49 UTC 2014

Hi all,
F21 Beta has been released and we can concentrate our work now
completely on the final webpages. Since my last email (was: Action
Plan towards F21 final release) we had many commits and some stuff has
already been done (thanks relrod, ryanlerch)
I want to give a last update here on the ML before opening a ticket
for the single tasks we need to do. Time is not much, therefor every
day is important for us.
For now we have:
* New websites dir getfedora.org/ in the getfedora branch
* Header template is more or less in place and working
* Product and Download pages are set, we need to fill them with content
* RTL CSS has been uploaded, but we need to set it for those languages
needing it
* We have also a language selector, it's nice and working (thx cydrobolt)
* TX source for the new website has been created and is working as it
should (will send a mail to trans too, because I closed it for now)
* All our scripts we had on fedoraproject.org are working also on the
new website
* We are moving ARM images to spins.fpo

That was the good news. The bad is, we have still a lot to do and we
have only 4 weeks!
For that reason we decided to delay the hub-release, aiming F22 with
at least 2-3 hubs. Same for spins, start and the other websites we
have.
The actual plan is to set up a rough getfedora.org website and to
build it in staging. This will help translators to proofread the
strings and WGs to understand how the pages will look like, as we need
the text content now. In the meanwhile we are working together with
design (duffy and ryan mainly) to put some more love in our pages :)

Next actions are:
1) Build the pages in staging
2) Get in contact with WGs *AND* Marketing for text content and slogans
3) Once we have some strings from WGs I will open the TX source for
getfedora and close definitely the fedoraproject.org source. L10n
teams need to have at least 3 weeks for their work.
4) Complete the websites with the main pages, download, checksums,
keys and verify informations, some of them are already up.
5) We still need a footer template
6) minor tasks and mainly beautify our webpages

a) We don't do anything for now for pre-release. There is no time to
do that, we will work constantly also after F21 has been released to
add the stuff we need for F22 Alpha and Beta.
b) We will have a new repo, same as above: *after* F21 release date
c) Spins.fedoraproject.org will be our page for Live Images, Spins,
ARM and their checksums. We probably need a new page for verify
informations there (we should keep that separated from the main
products)
d) scripts could be improved after F21

Once ready for WGs I'd update this topic, hoping to have fast replies
from the product working groups.
In the meanwhile thanks for all the help and collaboration you (WGs)
will give us.

--
Robert Mayr
(robyduck)