Introduction: L235

L235 Wikipedia l235 at l235.net
Wed Sep 30 02:24:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm L235. I'm new to the Fedora Project, and I'm excited to be working with
the Website project. I am a Wikipedia editor – see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:L235 (11000+ edits, see [A] below for
more info) – but other than that, I am basically new to the F/LOSS
community.

I can't say that I'll be especially active here, but I do plan on trying to
contribute. My experience with website development is low, but I will at
least be helping out on the wiki where possible, and maybe a bit of light
non-wiki work.

[A]: Here is my status on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia Foundation projects:

   - Currently 11000+ edits on the English Wikipedia (analysis
   <https://tools.wmflabs.org/xtools-ec/?user=L235&project=en.wikipedia.org>,
   see also global WMF edits
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralAuth/L235>; this puts me
   currently at #6250 on the all-time list of Wikipedians by number of edits
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_Wikipedians_by_number_of_edits/5001%E2%80%9310000#6001.E2.80.937000>
   );
   - By far, my most prominent role on the English Wikipedia is that of
   Clerk of the Arbitration Committee, which is the highest community body on
   the site with the authority to issue binding decisions (see info on the
   Committee <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee>
   , info on the Clerks of the Committee
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee/Clerks>);
   - On the English Wikipedia, I am also a "course online volunteer, file
   mover, mass message sender, pending changes reviewer, rollbacker, template
   editor" (see official record
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&limit=1&username=L235>
   );
   - Across the Wikimedia Foundation projects, I am also an administrator
   on Wikimania 2015 (see record
   <https://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers?limit=1&username=L235&uselang=en>)
   and an administrator and bureaucrat on Wikimania 2016 (see record
   <https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers?limit=1&username=L235&uselang=en>
   );
   - I am also a maintainer and administrator of XTools
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:XTools>, a set of very
   commonly-used tools across the Wikimedia projects (see info page
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:XTools>).

Thanks,
L235